Monday 19 August 2013

Back to School

Buenos días fellow lacquer lovers! The air is getting colder and the dark is setting in quicker and that can only mean one thing for those of us still in education: it's almost back to school time. Inspired by various designs spotted on Instagram, my Back to School manicure embraces the cute and quirky while still capturing the school theme.



For this manicure, the staple colours you will need are:
- Patent/plain white
- Patent/plain black
- Patent/plain bright yellow
You will also need the following colours to add certain accents, such as the apple detail or the detailing on the A+ nail:
- Patent/plain red
- Patent/plain mid to light blue or turquoise
[Note: I used Barry M nail art pens in black and white for all of the black and white detailing. Other nail art pens should be fine, as should black and white acrylic paints]
To make the apple more realistic, the following colours are recommended:
- Patent/plain mid to dark brown 
- Patent/plain mid green

And there you have it! A cute and quirky back to school manicure to make the dreaded first day of term that little bit more bearable. 

If you have any questions, you can leave me a comment below or tweet me @rachelizabethxo. I would LOVE to hear from you and find out your thoughts!

Happy painting!

Rachel xo

P.S. Did you know that you can follow my blog with Bloglovin? You can! And it would make me smile like a Cheshire cat if you did ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow lacquer lovers so please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments or questions about my post and I will always get back to you when I can :-)