Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Floral Patriot

Buenos días fellow lacquer lovers! Now, is it just me or is there something strangely appealing about the colour combo of white, blue and red? Being British, the combo evokes a sense of patriotism and I'm sure it does in those of you all over the world with these colours as those in your flag too. Today's nails are simple, floral, patriotic and oh-so-pretty.


For this manicure, the staple colours you will need are:
- Patent/plain white
- Patent/plain light blue
- Patent/plain red
You will also need the following colours to add certain accents, such as the centre of the flower and leaf detailing:
- Patent/plain dark brown (black will suffice if you really can't find a dark enough brown, or of course you can experiment and choose any colour you like!)
- Patent/plain mid to dark green
Finally, you will need the following tool(s) to create the right shapes:
- Dotting tool (a cocktail stick/toothpick will suffice if you're new to nail art)
- Striping brush (for the leaf detailing, again, a cocktail stick/toothpick will suffice but it can be quite tricky to get the leaves accurate)

Et voila! Floral nails are always a massive hit amongst my friends and you'll be sure to receive a compliment or too when you wear these.

If you have any questions, you can leave me a comment below or tweet me @rachelizabethxo. I would LOVE to hear from you and find out your thoughts!

Happy painting!

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow lacquer lovers so please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments or questions about my post and I will always get back to you when I can :-)