Thursday 22 August 2013

Growl Power

Buenos días fellow lacquer lovers! Leopard print suddenly exploded a couple of years ago and can now be found everywhere from clothes to shoes to even your nails. I never caught onto the trend because brown on brown just doesn't appeal to me, but my nail-lover cousin Amy and I were discussing the idea of pastel leopard print and it totally inspired me to try it out.


You can use any colours you like for the spots, but to recreate my design you will need the following base colour:
- Patent/plain white
If you're following my design, you will need the following colours for the spots:
- Patent/plain pastel blue
- Patent/plain pastel yellow
- Patent/plain pastel green
- Patent/plain pastel orange
- Patent/plain coral
- Patent/plain pastel purple
To go around the spots, this is the product you'll need:
- Barry M Nail Art Pen in black. Alternatives could be a normal black polish used with a dotting tool, black acrylic paint or another nail art pen (Rio isn't recommended for black though, it tends to smudge when applying a top coat no matter how long you leave it to try - be careful if you use this!)

Much like The Floral Patriot that I posted the other day, leopard print is a sure fire way to get your nails noticed amongst your friends and create a bit of nail envy! And receive a few compliments too of course.


If you have any questions, you can leave me a comment below or tweet me @rachelizabethxo. I would LOVE to hear from you and find out your thoughts!

Happy painting!

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow lacquer lovers so please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments or questions about my post and I will always get back to you when I can :-)