Thursday 19 September 2013

Beginner's Tutorial: Vintage and Floral

Buenos días fellow lacquer lovers! A few weeks ago I was rooting round Boots and came away with a stash of new polishes to try out. I picked out two particularly fabulous colours that I paired together for today's design and I absolutely love them...
I love the combination of this deep, mustard yellow and muted navy blue and I think it creates quite a vintage effect. The best thing about this design is that it's perfect for nail art newcomers as I did all of this only using the brushes that came in the polishes. 

To create this exact design, here's what you need to do:
1. Get hold of a base coat, Maybelline's 'Electric Yellow', Mavala's 'Trinidad', Barry M's 'Matte White' and a top coat.
2. Apply your base coat to every nail and leave to dry.
3. Apply Electric Yellow to every other nail and leave to dry. Apply further coats until you feel the colour is opaque enough.
4. Apply Trinidad to the remaining nails and leave to dry. Again, apply further coats until you feel the colour is opaque enough.
5. Take your Matte White and get rid of excess from the brush. Dab the polish on to create the petals of flowers. You can create as many flowers as you like.
6. On the yellow nails, take Trinidad and dot it in the middle of your flowers. On the blue nails, do the same with Electric Yellow.
7. Leave the colours to dry a little then apply your top coat and leave to fully dry.

If you have any questions, you can leave me a comment below or tweet me @rachelizabethxo. I would LOVE to hear from you and find out your thoughts!

Happy painting!

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow lacquer lovers so please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments or questions about my post and I will always get back to you when I can :-)