Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Edgy French

Buenos días fellow lacquer lovers! French manicures are loved the world over and whenever I spot someone with a decent one it instantly makes me want one too. The only problem is... I get bored of it after a day and the effort I've put in gets erased when I change my nails a mere 24 hours later. How do you fix that? You 'edge' it up with some simple black stripes and a reliable ol' rhinestone...



You will need the following basic colours:
- Patent/plain white (a polish specifically designed for a Frenchie brush-wise is best as it's smaller and easier to use)
- Patent/plain black
- I also used a Sally Hansen shimmery pink topcoat over the white before I added the black and the rhinestone
You will also need the following accessory:
- Rhinestone (clear/silvery in colour)

I first created this around Christmas 2012 when I felt that my French manicure was a bit too formal and I love the fact that the general look is still obvious. This could be done with any colour stripe but generally speaking I'm not a fan of coloured rhinestones so I personally would recommend you stick with a clear or silvery one.

If you have any questions, you can leave me a comment below or tweet me @rachelizabethxo. I would LOVE to hear from you and find out your thoughts!

Happy painting!

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow lacquer lovers so please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments or questions about my post and I will always get back to you when I can :-)