Thursday 5 September 2013

Earn Your Stripes!

Buenos días fellow lacquer lovers! So, you know when you start to do your nails then by the time you finish you look down and think "I'm not entirely sure how I ended up with these nails"? I had that this weekend when I started off wanting white with vibrant-but-deep blue stripes. You can observe what happened for yourself...
I used glitter and also a matte topcoat to give this design a bit more 'jazz', but looking back now they'd look a lot better without the glitter. I like the pastels (obvious much given my last post haha!) and this is definitely one design that does benefit from a matte topcoat. 

If you're wanting to create my animal-esque striped nails, you will need the following basic colours:
- Patent/plain white
- Selection of pastel colours - I used coral, lilac, bluey-mint, green and yellow
You will also need:
- A matte topcoat

If you have any questions, you can leave me a comment below or tweet me @rachelizabethxo. I would LOVE to hear from you and find out your thoughts!

Happy painting!

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow lacquer lovers so please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments or questions about my post and I will always get back to you when I can :-)