Sunday 22 September 2013

Next Step Up Tutorial - Very Berry

Buenos días fellow lacquer lovers! This Very Berry nail tutorial is the next step up from my last tutorial (Vintage and Floral) and builds on the skills you've started to pick up. This is quite rare for me, but this design is actually on my nails as I write this post and was created late last night as I sat in bed and decided I didn't like the polish I had on.


My Very Berry nail tutorial is PERFECT for autumn/winter and I've even added a bit of glitter for when Christmas rolls around and we're all breaking out the reds and greens with no idea what to do with them. This design could very easily be adapted to create a holly bush look too.


To create my Very Berry nails, here's what you need to do:
1. Get hold of a base coat, a patent/plain white (although if you're doing these at Christmas, a shimmery white would be totally appropriate!), a selection of red/plum/deep pink shades, a dark or khaki green and a top coat. If you're wanting to add glitter, get yourself a red glitter polish for ease or be brave and work with loose glitter - the choice is yours :-) You will also need a toothpick/cocktail stick or, preferably, a dotting tool. 
2. Apply your base coat and leave to dry.
3. Apply a coat of white to each nail and let it dry a little. Continue applying coats until the colour is opaque enough for you then leave the nails to dry a little more.
4. Choose one of your reddish colours and add three to four dots on each nail, spaced well apart and these make up the basis of each berry. Clean your tool.
5. Take your next reddish colour and add dots next to and/or slightly on top of the existing dots. Clean your tool.
6. Repeat this with each reddish colour in your selection until you have circular shapes like mine. Clean your tool.
7. If you are using loose glitter, this is where you should allow your nails to dry completely then add the glitter. If you are using a glitter polish, treat it like a normal polish and follow the instructions in point 6.
7. Now take your green colour and add leaves to the berries. Allow the nails to dry a little.
8. Finally, apply your top coat and allow your nails to fully dry.

If you have any questions, you can leave me a comment below or tweet me @rachelizabethxo. I would LOVE to hear from you and find out your thoughts!

Happy painting!

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow lacquer lovers so please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments or questions about my post and I will always get back to you when I can :-)